I just love it when I find an awesome blogger who has amazing fresh recipes. We found this delicious dish by Oh She Glows That’s one site you should be checking in on for lots of food inspiration and beautiful images! Hope you can enjoy her as much as we have! (oh and the salad is quite yummy too!)
Spring Salad with Strawberry Lemon Basil Dressing
for the dressing (yield: 2/3 cup):
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- fine grain sea salt & black pepper, to taste (I used 1/4 tsp each)
for the salad:
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- mixed greens
- strawberries, chopped
- chiffonade fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Toast the almonds for about 7-8 minutes and then remove and add the coconut. Toast another 2-4 minutes, or until lightly golden, watching closely so the coconut doesn’t burn.
2. In a food processor, add the strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and oil. Process until smooth. Add in the salt, pepper, and maple syrup to taste and process again.
3. Assemble the salad as desired. Leftover dressing should keep for at least a few days in a sealed container.